Happy Friday!! Somehow I’ve made it through the first full work week of social distancing without eating my entire pantry. Now what?! Honestly, I never thought I’d ever have to write a post like this… but here are a few ideas I’ve brainstormed for how to pass the time this weekend, as we wait out this pandemic’s rage around the world.
- jump start that skin-care routine – now that you have an extra hour (or more) to your day from not having to commute to work/school, there are no excuses for “not having time” for moisturizer! Sephora is offering free shipping, so… let your coworkers marvel at your newly glowing skin when you return from wfh.
- write letters – to your grandma, your lover, your future children, your friends in the healthcare industry who could use some encouragement right now. As a bonus, if you’ve never learned to write cursive you could do that too. Send them via old-fashioned snail mail!
- dust off the keyboard/guitar/other instrument – you might not go viral like the Europeans and their balcony serenading, but learning/re-learning an instrument is very rewarding.
- bake – at the risk of undoing your hard work in those in-home workouts, these five-ingredient Nutella cookies are made with things you probably already have (without eating into your quarantine stockpile). If you’re looking for something a little more involved, try tiramisu cupcakes or chocolate almond rugelach.
- fill out your 2020 Census questionaire – I got mine in the mail but now you can do it online, by mail, or over the phone! Here’s a primer on why they ask the questions they do.
- dig out old family photos – many of you have escaped to your parents’/ family homes to wait out the quarantine, and going through the archives of childhood photos always makes me smile. If you’re able to watch old home videos, even better.
- write down your bucketlist – we may be grounded and not going any where for the foreseeable future, but now’s a good time as any to *manifest* and y’all know I love a good list. Here’s some inspiration!
Stay in. Stay safe. & wipe down your phones/laptops, people!